Thursday, January 20, 2011

Upgrading works will commence soon...

These few days I went to Brother's to get a cheap tweeter at RM5 and a set of speakers at RM30.

Well, stuffs like these are the cheapest that they sell over there.

Perhaps they are already immune to me... Cause every time I go there, normally I will just look around and stare at the price... And also go to the outdated stocks section to see cheap stuffs they offer, and I will just walk off later. Haha... These led to few sales personnel dy dun choi me... But it's ok, I'll have a more peaceful in making decision.

Recently I saw Brother's ad in Media Focus, they're offering a 3 way speaker at only RM30, woofer forRM20. So I went there one day and eventually had a great intro from a sales personnel, (just ask me to increase my budget gua)... I told him i'm going to do a project and need cheap speakers will do, he showed me the RM30 one first, then would like me to increase the price range higher, RM58 for a better one (4way). But waliao le, RM60 i dy can buy two set of the RM30 1 la... He said RM30 1 no sound 1 wo, the RM58 is a better brand. And since i'm interested in getting a tweeter also, he recommended me RM99 with tweeters and 3 way speaker. I was like, waliao dy...

I then asked for price of a branded one... He told me its going to be RM200 and above for branded, but they're having a promo... (Walks away to check stock)

RM158 and 188 for Panasonic 3 way/4way speakers. I was like (Hey, thats really cheap for a branded1)... But budget really cant la, if not i'll be starving to death in college just to invest on a pair of branded speakers.

Eventually I ended up with the RM30 speakers and a RM5 tweeter (RM3.50 cheapest, i was like, i think it'll be gone as soon as i connect it to my amp. He recommended me a RM68 one...)

When I was unpacking to test the speakers at midnight, which results in dizziness on the next day lectures, the cover says 600W PMPO... I was like, RM30 and 600W? correct bo? A good research on internet says that PMPO is just a dumb measurement of watts a speaker can handle... Fine then...

The speakers is ultra light 1 lo, compared to others. the magnet is like only a bit and can unscrew one le... But RM30, can la... 3 ways some more le... So I quickly put it to my amp... And hey, its quite loud le. I dun see any distortion from the speaker... Worth gua. The tweeters are doing fine too... Max treble and max vol can give a very loud performance.

CHEAP = OK OK Punye QUALITY... Can la...
I also bought a RM20 amp, just tested it and working well also...
Seriously I dun really know whats the difference in performance of branded and unbranded yet beside the material factor...

Anyway, I'm firing up a new system soon!
It's going to be something like two speakers in a casing with an amp.
That box must be lightweight (My speakers can collaborate very well as its ultra light 1), LOUD, Going to full range of sound, 1 tweeters and 2 ways speaker for each channel, and user friendly...

Now i just need boards and jigsaw cutters... See how la... Haiz... Test coming le... Chaoz..

No comments: