Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Just for a burnt fuse...


Well, no user guide provided when the car is purchased over... Second hand mah. After like the radio fuse is out 2 days, I finally found that there's another fuse compartment located below the drivers steering. Thanks to a loooong research from the internet in Proton forums.

If you're wondering what's the boxy stuff beside the side mirrors adjuster, it is the NGV display unit. It displays real-time information whether petrol/natural gas combustion is used, together with NGV fuel indicator and also comes with switch to activate either petrol or natural gas.

After removing the cover holded by some kind of metal studs, the fusebox can be seen easily.


Was wondering what's with the fuse pointing out of the box. Found out that it's connected to the ECU (Electronic Control unit) of the vehicle. If not mistaken, this fuse will be for the NGV controls.


Fusebox cover after removal


Inside the fuse compartment with fuses

Without user manual again, I quickly identified the audio fuse (10 Amp RED) and removed it. Obviously seen its blown after some short-circuit when I tried to test my product (Posted on the post before this)

And also, I removed the cigarette lighter fuse (15 Amp yellow) as it was already blown since the car is delivered. To get the power from the cigaeatte lighter, I had hot-wired a connection from the radio's ACC wire to the cigarette lighter.

The blown fuse removed... Notice the broken link inside the middle of the fuse.


New fuse to be placed into working

Quickly I removed the hot-wire from the radio to the cigarette lighter (To prevent short-circuit again) and replaced the fuse.

And the radio turned on instantly...
With the cigarette lighter working too...

Done...
Now i'm able to enjoy my ride with my product...
No more fear to blow up the radio...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cigarette fuse is 20amp in yellow not 15amp as stated

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the tip and photos! A really good help! I've been cracking my head to find that darned fuse... It was a 15A (Blue) original fuse inside but the cover stated that it is supposed to be a 20A (Yellow) fuse... so i replaced it with just that. The mechanics couldn't even find the fuse box... they insisted that my lighter socket was faulty... idiots...